Sunday, October 28, 2012

Riley's birthday

'
Riley

How time flies! This month we celebrated Riley's 6th birthday. It's hard to believe he's six years old and has started kindergarten! I remember the day he was born as if it were yesterday. It was a sunny day, Monday, October 9, 2006. Joe and I took off work to spend the day together. Everyone needs to do that once in a while. We left early that morning, stopping for breakfast before heading up to Park City.

I especially remember the drive up to Park City. The canyon colors were beautiful. Joe and I had a really good time talking and laughing the entire way up. We had just arrived at the outlets in Park City when my son called to tell us he was taking his wife to the hospital, she was in labor.

I wanted to go to the Carter's outlet to get some clothes for our new grandbaby. To save time, Joe and I each picked out some ourtfits, we combined the ones we both liked, paid for them and headed back home.
Riley was born a few hours after we arrived at the hospital. What a blessed day!
I loved being a mom so I always knew I would love being a grandma. Already having two grandchildren I knew I would love this new little one with the same kind of special love grandma's have for their grandchildren.
What surprised me and something I was not prepared for, was how much my grandchildren were going to love ME! Mom and dad do all the non fun stuff, but my job is to simply bring joy into their little life. In return, they believe that grandma is the most amazing person in the world!
They think Grandpa is pretty amazing too! Early yesterday morning Joe was sitting in our bedroom as he usually does while I sleep. I heard our granddaughter Grace come in; she walked over to Joe and said, "Hi, Grandpa", and gave him a hug. He replied, "Good morning Grace, would you like some cereal?" She said, "Yes please." What's so neat about that you might wonder? Well, there is nothing more touching than hearing a sweet voice call you grandma or grandpa and receive a hug that generates nothing but warmth, affection and a feeling of acceptance. It reaches inside and touches your soul! Our grandkids adore their grandpa and he adores them! :)
I have wonderful memories of my grandchildren's birth and more as they grow older. They fill our life with joy and love. They are truly God's gift. Joe and I couldn't have asked for a greater blessing than the one we received that fall day - October 9, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment