Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Dear friends and family,

It’s been a while since I’ve written. I’ve had every intention to do so, but procrastination gets the best of me.

Some of you have heard the news by now: my cancer has returned.  Last Thursday, I had my first round of chemotherapy. I will receive chemo once a week for three weeks, then have one week off for my body to rest. After three rounds of this regiment, I’ll have a CT scan to see if the treatment is effective.  The goal is to get back into remission. 

I won’t lie how disappointed we are, to say the least. And I won’t minimize the fear we are experiencing. I knew the chance of recurrence was high, but I just didn’t expect it this soon. I was looking forward to summer and doing the things I missed last year; working in my garden, catching up on some projects, summer trips and above all, to spend time with my grandkids. Hopefully, I can still do some of these activities.

Although this is a setback, I have been blessed abundantly.  I have my kids and grandkids that bring me more joy than can be imagined. My husband rarely leaves my side. No matter what the situation is, he makes me laugh, encourages me and gives me reason to keep going. We’ve been blessed with a comfortable home surrounded by the best neighbors anyone could ask for.  Our table is always set with plenty.  I am so very thankful to have access to Priesthood blessings. The comforter has given me peace of mind and heart. I know Heavenly Father is aware of my needs, my joys and sorrows, aches and pains and my desire to live a little longer.

I am going to continue to work as long as I can. I was sick for about four days after my chemotherapy last week. This isn’t exactly how I want to spend my weekends, but I don’t have a choice.

All my kids are close by and I’m already seeing the help and love they can give. Once again, I will give this fight everything I have to give. We appreciate your concern, thoughts and prayers.

I will try to write as often as my health will permit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment